What Taylormade Golf Offers
Golf is an activity that’s known to be good for your health, especially for your heart. It makes you lose weight and stay fit. It gives your brain a mental challenge and stimulates your mind.
To have a great game, you have to have the best equipment and accessories. Where else do you get your Golf stuff other than TaylorMade Golf?
Read on to know more about the products that this company provides.
No, this isn’t the ‘driver’ who drives the vehicles. The driver is a kind of golf club that has the lowest loft. (The loft refers to the club face angle that affects distance and controls trajectory.) Drivers are meant to hit the ball the farthest.
Drivers are also referred to as 1-wood.
Rescue clubs, utility clubs, hybrid clubs… whatever you may call them, they all pertain to one thing: a cross between an iron and a fairway wood. It’s TaylorMade Golf that started the trend with the said rescue clubs a decade ago; now most golf companies manufacture them.
The fairways are those clubs used by players for shots made from the fairway. These clubs, like drivers, have metal heads but they have smaller club heads and shorter shafts.
Fairway woods provide greater accuracy with a shorter driving range.
Wedges are those used to hit the ball and make it soar high into the air. The wedges are lofted higher compared to the other clubs.
- Sand wedges are used to get balls out of tall grass and bunkers.
- Lob wedges are picked out when the golf ball needs to rise fast in order to clear hazards yet not go a long distance.
- Gap wedges allow golfers to take full swing and make the ball go about 110 yards.
- Pitching wedges are used when the shot being made is about 130 yards to the green.
Golf sets usually come with pitching wedges; if you need other kinds of wedges, you have to purchase them separately.
Golfers usually use irons when the shot they need to make is shorter than 200 yards away from the green. If you’re closer to the green, then you need to use a higher iron.
The irons are numbered 1 to 9, 9 being the highest degree of loft.
- Long irons are the 1-, 2- and 3- irons. They have little loft; hence, they can send the ball the farthest.
- Middle irons are the 4-, 5- and 6- irons; you use them when the golf ball is about 150 to 170 yards away from the hole.
- Short irons are those 7-, 8- and 9- irons that make the ball get to the air fast because of their loft.
The typical golf set will contain only the 3- to 9- irons as the 1- and 2- irons are the hardest to master.
Putters are those that are used most of the time. Putters are used to roll the ball toward the hole on the green. They come in various sizes, and the standard putter is about 34-35 inches tall.
There are different putter styles: belly, short, center-hosel, bent, long, mallet, and heel-toe to name a few.
For sure, you must have an idea on what a golf ball looks like – the be dimpled little white ball specially made for golf. All golf balls may seem alike, but there are actually different kinds of golf balls with their own purposes.
Golfers leave markings on their ball so they’d know which ball to hit. Some players even make multiple identifications in order to see which golf ball is theirs without having to get close to the ball and lift it.
|Playing golf won’t be fun without the proper equipment. If you need TaylorMade golf balls, clubs or other accessories, you can go to RockBottomGolf.|